Friday, August 22, 2008

First day of school! First day of school!


She woke up all bright eyed and bushy tailed for us this morning, talking nonstop. She said that she'd woken up a lot during the night ready to go but it was still dark out. When I went into her room, she popped her head up and said, "YES! It's finally light out!" Through breakfast, she was all chatterboxy about how her day was going to be soooo great. ;)

All set to go! Check out the height differences every year as she got older! WOW!


Waiting at the bus stop. She stuck a little close by, and was pretty quiet. At the bus stop just before ours, I could see her little friends get on and I started to get choked up. I knelt down by her and told her, "If I cry when you get on the bus, don't worry, it's just because I'm really happy for you but I can't believe you're big enough to go to school! Don't cry if you see me cry, I'll be okay." She gave me this face that I can't quite describe, then she took my chin in her hand and kissed me and then brushed my hair out of my face. Then she told me, "It's okay, I'm going to have a great time!"


Barely even gave us a hug when the bus came! She followed our neighbors, Hannah and Cameron on like a little pro.

She walked way to the back and I panicked for her, thinking she would get stuck with no seat or a bunch of older kids, but she plopped right down with her friends Grace and Natalie and they started chatting away. She never even looked our way until the bus started to pull off. Then she smiled and waved. Can you see her in the middle window in the aisle seat?

So Neily is off to kindergarten! The whole thing went off without a hitch... truthfully, not too exciting! ;) When she got off the bus, classic Neily- she gave me a thumbs up and didn't really say much more. I never heard anything about preschool, so I didn't expect to hear much about today either! I mostly found out that the bus went the wrong direction and turned around in Daddy's old work parking lot (Whaaaa? School is around the corner, how can they turn the wrong way??), Mrs. Hoffman is nice and sweet, she drew us a picture (of a mermaid with a coconut bra, great first impression, right?!?), and Mr. Honthy, the gym teacher is AWESOME! (according to her)

First soccer game tomorrow, sheesh!

No comments: