Thursday, March 5, 2009

Kids Say the Darndest Things

This was from a Facebook game, but I know the grandparents would appreciate that kidisms that they came up with. I treasure things like this, somehow the answers are always so 'them'.
Answers provided by Jack (4) and Neily (6).

1. What is something mom always says to you?
J: "Eat at the table!"
N: "I love you."

2. What makes mom happy?
J: "Be calm and play with your toys."
N: "Me cleaning up after myself and playing calmly."
Ding ding ding! I don't ask for much in life.

3. What makes mom sad?
J: "Being crazy."
N: “When I don't behave well."

4. How does your mom make you laugh?
J: Just do fun stuff like tickling us and.... tickling us. Until it's not fun."
N: "Tickling me."
Don't think I do this often?

5. What was your mom like as a child?
J: "What you mean?" "Hm."
N: "You played with American Girl dolls."

6. How old is your mom?
J: "I don't know."
N: "Uh... Mommy, how old are you? Um... 28?"

7. How tall is your mom?
J: *climbs up on chair and puts his hand on my head* "I'm gonna see. That tall. You're this tall."
N: Jack pipes up, "Measure her!" Neily says, "When you stand, you're as tall as the cabinet." and points to a cabinet that is 8 feet tall.

8. What is her favorite thing to do?
J: "Make crafts with us."
N: "Give hugs and kisses."

9. What does your mom do when you're not around?
J: "Do work."
N: "Clean up."

10. If your mom becomes famous, what will it be for?
J: "What you mean? What does famous mean?"
N: "Being a rockstar."
All right. A rockstar. ;)

11. What is your mom really good at?
J: "Baking food." At least someone is impressed.
N:"Being a mommy."

12. Where is your mom's favorite place to go?
J: "Trader Joes."
N: "Nana and Papa's house." My favorite? Or her favorite?

13. What is your mom's favorite store?
J: "Hobby Lobby!"
N: "Trader Joe's."
Poor Jack once told me on a morning shopping excursion, "Hobby Lobby has everything we need!" So true, little man.

14. What do you like to do best with your mom?
J: "Snuggle."
N: "Play American Girls if I had enough. If not, play Polly Pockets." Subtle hint from Neily.

15. What does your mom do for work?
J: "Clean dishes... I mean, take pictures!"
N: "Take pictures."

16. What does your mom like to drink?
J: "Diet Coke!"
N: "Coke." Jack chimes in, "DIET Coke, Neily." Neily corrects herself and Jack says, "Good job."

17. What does your mom like to eat?
J: "Pineapple!" Huh?
N:"Shepherds pie."

18. Does mom like to stay up late or get up early?
J: "Get up early."
N: "Stay up late. Cause you never get up early."

19. Is mom a good driver?
J: "Uh-huh."
N: "Yes."

20. What is your favorite thing about your mom?
J: "Giving me hugs."
N: "I really like every day how you smell. Well, maybe how you make me and Jack lunch too."

There you have it. I was a little afraid to ask some of these, but it turns out I guess I'm doing an okay job. LOL! Enjoy!

No comments: