Sunday, November 16, 2008

Taking on digital scrapbooking





As if I don't have enough on my plate, right? It occurred to me a few weekends ago when I was painting the basement and trying to maneuver around mountains of scrapbooking stuff that maybe it was time for me to say goodbye. I've held on to it for so long now but I haven't used a drop of it since last fall! There is a lot to love about scrapbooking- I love showing the kids their pictures from when they were little, I love remembering the little stories that go with pictures that I'm sure I would otherwise forget, I love getting together with girlfriends and scrapping... but I HATE the indecision! I will sit there for way too long looking at a page and feel too much pressure to make it look like a magazine. Then I got so far behind and oy! It was too much. One night last fall, I got myself completely, 100% caught up and gloated for like a week. And then I quit. ;) I love the look of digital scrapping- I love all the fun stuff you can find and I love the style. I figured I was getting handy enough in Photoshop that I could handle it. And I was right! I muddled my way through it. I'm sure, just like with normal scrapping, I will look back at these pages and laugh one day, but for now, I think they're pretty cute and I'm excited to jump back on the bandwagon. I love that I don't have anything to pack up, nowhere to go, and no mess to clean up! Katina, I'm telling you, you're going to get hooked!

1 comment:

ejenda said...

these are cute! does this mean you are planning on getting rid of your scrapbook stuff? hehe