Monday, July 20, 2009

Happy first birthday Caroline!

For anyone who doesn't know, Caroline is Neily's Bitty Baby. On Sunday, she informed me that Tuesday was Caroline's first birthday and she was going to throw her a party. I told her we could make cupcakes, and then I thought about all the mommy points I would win if I let her invite her friends over with their American Girl dolls to celebrate. We made cupcakes Monday night, and woke to find that Sully helped himself to them overnight. So, we bought the next round and kept them out of his reach. Called up the girls and invited them over for Caroline's party. Other than the food, we had everything else left over from other parties, and we just threw it all together. Neily was in heaven! My original plan was for Jack and Owen to go play on their own, but who knew they'd want to be at the party too? Haha! It was pretty funny to see the girls play along, everyone came armed with cards for Caroline's birthday.

With Caroline and Lily:

Sugar high!

Natalie, Neily, Grace- somewhere I bet I have a picture of these three at about a year old, and I should find it!
The crew- the boys were NOT going anywhere. They sang and everything.

Singing to Caroline-

I recently read a blog post about knowing when to be a "Yes Mom" and when to be a "No Mom". I often find myself being not so much a "No Mom" but very much a "We'll See Mom", so I was really happy to do this for her. She had so much fun and has talked about it every day since. :)

No comments: