Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Did you say diet?

Lucas does not speak "diet".

People see Lucas and absolutely have to comment. How could you not comment on a cat that is larger than many small dogs? People usually want to know what he is, which prompts a mini-story about his life. He really is the sweetest guy, but he has absolutely no idea that he's a cat. And I'm really not sure that he is!
He weighs in at about 24 pounds and Neily tried to pick him up the other day. I was laughing so hard I had to take a quick picture. It's really ridiculous. He is now almost ten years old and has pretty bad arthritis, so he only moves when he wants to eat, which as you can imagine, is only making the problem worse.

2 comments:

Abigail Hayden said...

I can totally relate....do you remember Floyd? He was my 28 lb. baby. Unfortunately he passed away 3 1/2 years ago at 15 years old. The reaction from people who have never seen a cat that big is priceless!!! I remember you guys saying you thought Lucas was part racoon when you got him LOL!

Elizabeth said...

Aw, yes of course I remember Floyd! Sweet Floyd. I kept meaning to ask you when he passed away. Part raccoon, lol! Totally- that weirdo gets into everything. I swear he really is. He loves garbage, especially foil and beer caps.