Monday, December 8, 2008

Don't trust 'em...

Today, I had someone come over for a headshot. I always get a babysitter for the kids while I do shoots but this was literally going to take under five minutes and it was just silly. I considered sending them to the neighbor's house, but even that was just overkill. I put them upstairs in our bedroom with Sullivan and turned on a movie and said STAY HERE and don't go crazy. We have some wild kids. When left to their own imaginations, if they are going to get along (that's IF) it never fails that they act like wild animals. ;)
As I was leaving the room, I put on my best stern Mommy voice and said, "Do NOT leave this room. Do NOT be crazy. It will be a few minutes, you have everything you need, I will be right downstairs. I am trusting you."
They gave me those wide, sweet eyes and the angel look and said, "Okay Mommy!" Right before I shut the door, Neily said in that *voice* of hers, "Well, I don't know if I'd trust us too much... we might get up and arm wrestle for a second."
WHAT?! I had to cover my face so she didn't see me laugh. Where would she even come up with that? I didn't know what was worse, the fact that she's so smart she could reason that so quickly or the fact that they are SO not afraid of me. Hm....

No comments: