Friday, June 19, 2009

A Neily funny

This was so funny, but it is a little sad. A quick preface to this, at 6, Neily has lost 8 teeth, 4 on top and 4 on bottom (front two with the help of banging them on Jack's head), and 6 of the permanent ones have come in. We talked to the dentist about it and she has a very narrow mouth, so we were concerned about the spacing. She will have an expander put in in August to widen her mouth to allow the teeth to come in straight.
So... on to the story:

She has been at camp this week, and today she tells me, "I have a new bff."
Now... first I had to get over the shock that she'd turned into a 14 yr old, going all 'bff' on me. Once I did that, I said, "Oh yeah? Who?"
She says, "Drew, this boy at camp." Uh-huh. Always a boy.
Me: "How do you know he's your bff?" (feeling like an idiot for using that term)
Her: "He always wants to sit by me, and he likes my teeth."
Me: "Really? How do you know that?"
Neily: "Because he sits next to me, and tells me I'm fun to be with, then he asks to see me smile. Then I do, and he says, "Those are ENORMOUS!"
At this point I nearly peed myself. She goes on to tell me proudly, "He calls them buck teeth!"
She obviously had no idea what buck teeth were, and she apparently thinks enormous is a compliment. I told her the other day after we found out about the expander, "Neily, big teeth are *in*, you're lucky."

1 comment:

Abigail Hayden said...

That is hysterical! I love the fact she is using BFF....the other day Elle told me just to get on my computer and go to Target.com and I could find it there! What are these kids learning? I guess we are in for it!!